Friday 30 October 2015

Fragrant Orange

Soap no 10
made 11/10/215 ready no sooner than 7/11/2015

I intended to make a plain white soap today. My Granddaughter came to visit just as I started to warm my oils so I felt the need to brighten it up just a bit.

I already had my fragrance, orange and patchouli essential oils mixed with kaolin clay, so I quickly mixed up some jaffa orange mica and had some TD ready for the topping...

Test 1, I was trialing using a silicone oven liner in my wooden mold for the first time
Test 2 Not wrapping the soap but intentially keeping it cool to stop gel phase.







I didn't take many photos of the process but the final results were lovely, the orange colour could have been stronger but at least it turned orange on contact with the air and during the drying/curing process. Orange and gold mica swirls with gold glitter, the fragrance of this soap is wonderful, and still is, after two weeks the room is still fragrant when I walk passed the door.


Soap no 11
made 12/10/2015 ready no sooner than 7/11/2015

 I was so pleased with the fragrance of the above orange patchouli soap, I made another batch the next day with the same fragrance but allowing gel phase as a test, only difference is a bit of steel grey mica to change the appearance a little, it actually looks camoflaged.





There is definitely a difference between the fragrances of the two bars, one is more gentle than the other, it will be interesting to see if the fragrance is still there in the second soap after curing and during use.

No comments:

Post a Comment